Core values are what support the vision, shape the culture and reflect what the company values. They are the essence of the company’s identity – the principles, beliefs or philosophy of values. Core values help companies in the decision-making processes. Core values educate clients and potential customers about what the company is about and clarify the identity of the company. Lastly, core values play a major role in recruiting and retaining good employees. Roy Disney once said “It’s not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.”
We Want PASSION
“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying, I’ve done something wonderful. That’s what matters.” Steve Jobs followed his heart his whole life and that, he said, made all the difference. If Jobs had not pursued his passion for animation, millions of children—and adults—would never have experienced the joy of watching Toy Story, Finding Nemo and Cars. The list goes on – the iPhone, the iPad, were all the results of one man who followed his heart.
When Steve Jobs returned to Apple in 1997 after a long absence, the company was close to bankruptcy. He told a small group of employees that Apple would have to return to its core values. “What we’re about isn’t making boxes for people to get their jobs done,” Jobs said. “Our core value is that at Apple we believe that people with passion can change the world for the better.”
People who are passionate about what they do love coming to work each day; they love the challenge. They also posses a high energy level, demonstrate a positive attitude and exceed standards of excellence. Lastly, people with passion are continually growing personally and professionally. At Crawford, we want people like this.
• "One person with passion is better than forty people merely interested." E. M. Forster
• "Nobody can be successful unless he loves his work." David Sarnoff CEO of RCA
• "There is no passion to be found playing small--in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." Nelson Mandela
• "Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you." Oprah Winfrey
• "Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate." Jon Bon Jovi
• "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." Albert Einstein